Do I Have Product Build Up On My Hair?

We usually mistake product build up for regular oily-ness. Women also tend to want to wash their hair more often when they assume their hair is "oily". This will only make your hair more oily. To read more about oily hair, please go here.

Onto product build up!
If your hair seems oily but no matter how much you wash it, it still seems oily, that is a first indication of product build up. Another way to tell is that your hair won't have as much movement and body to it. I have really curly hair, so I blow dry mine often. If my hair doesn't seem to have volume, lift and "commercial style" (think Herbal Essence) bounce and body - that is a very distinct sign of product build up.

Sometimes what can happen to your hair is that it will need different products depending on the season. I discovered that I could not keeping using hydrating products and masks during the summer. It works perfectly during winter but during the summer the product builds up on my hair and it feels slimy to the touch.
So I have winter and summer shampoos and conditioner/mask.

Also, only shampoo your scalp - do not shampoo your ends. Let the shampoo run down your hair when you wash it off. And only apply conditioner/mask at the ends. Take what's left on your hand and run your fingers lightly through the top of your hair. Just to get a bit of conditioner at the top, as you don't want to leave your hair stiff (breakage).

I talked about the Kenra Clarifying Shampoo in my Essential Must Haves post. It is the best shampoo I've found for colour treated hair. Clarifying shampoos tend to strip colour from your hair. Even though this shampoo says it's for bleach blondes, I am now a dark blonde and it still works wonders on my highlights. And if you are a bleach blonde, this does not make your blonde brassy!


If you guys have any questions please feel free to comment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment